8.14.2008

Las Vegas


Phil and I got back from a 5 day trip to Las Vegas today. Given Phil's busy month of July with recruiting, his boss gave all the coaches a week off to just get out of the office to spend time with family before the hectic season starts. So, we decided to head to Las Vegas. Our good friends Hope and Dustin (see Rocho Family blog on my links) live in Vegas about 20 minutes NW of the strip. So, not only did we get to take a little time away for ourselves, we also got to visit with Hope, Dustin and their brand new baby girl, Trinity Love who was born August 6. She is healthy and beautiful. It was wonderful to hold a newborn baby again. It brought back a whole slew of memories from just 2 years ago. She was wonderful!

Hope and Dustin are incredibly generous and thoughtful. Would you all believe that when Dustin picked us up from the airport he suprised us with tickets for that evening to Cirque du Soleil's show "O" at the Bellagio. It was incredible. Phil and I had contemplated going prior to leaving Kzoo, but tickets were sold out when we looked into it and the cost was a bit overwhelming. Well, needless to say.....we went and it was amazing. I've never seen anything like it before in my life.

We were able to do and see a lot of neat things in just 5 days. We also were able to see another Cirque show, Mystere at Treasure Island. Mystere was also wonderful and we really enjoyed it. There are just so many details about our trip that I could include in this entry, but I'm already using so much space.

So....to close, I'll post a pic of sweet baby "TLove"....she is so cute!



2 comments:

Stacey said...

I like your new background...super cute!

the sayers said...

Hi to all of you!!

Yes, we have noticed the "new look" of your blog. And, we are looking forward to seeing more updates on the blog--with your updated news! We are really excited about the coming grandchild in Feb. Until then, Grace is our "favorite" grandchild!!
Love to you all!!

Mom & Dad